Sunday 17 July 2011

Where's the Summer gone?

A long time since I have posted on this Blog - weather just doesn't seem that interesting at the moment but it actually is quite fancinating what is happening this year. We started off with a mild end to the winter after the cold and snow of December and now we have low temps and Rain during the summer!

Firstly the rain - this year started dry, for the months of March, April and May  I only recorded 17.8 mm of rain. June was a record month with 71mm, this is the highest I have recorded since I installed the weather station back in 2005. It's raining again today and looks like it will rain most of next week so who knows what will happen for the rest of the year. Personally I think this year will end up with near normal level of Rain.
As for Temperatures - June ended up 1.4 degrees colder this year than last year and July seems to be going the same way.

The media is full of stories of the next Ice age, which makes a change from phone hacking! The sun's activity has reduced which will mean colder weather for the UK. My stats back this up but how true is it?.. who knows!! This winter is supposed to be bleak as well and hence my sudden interested in weather again. With Winter coming I thought I would refresh my web page and I have made it more iphone friendly. This means big buttons that can accomodate fingers easy and just a cleaner more clinical look as I like that. Over the next few weeks my aim is to do the same with the other pages on the web site!

Anyway check out the new style at www.t7own.co.uk 




No comments:

Post a Comment