Sunday 21 November 2010

November 2010 - Stats so Far!

What an interesting month November is and hopefully will be. Firstly I'm struggling why the temperatures at Cliffe Woods is 1 - 2 degrees higher than where I used to live in Sutton at Hone. I've ruled out height as Cliffe Woods is actually at 98 feet and Sutton at Hone is at 85 feet above sea level. I've also nearly ruled out the fact I live in a built up area as this was the case at my previous place. The only obvious answer to me is how close I am to the Thames but who really knows.

Some stats for November:

This year's mean temp from 1st - 21st Nov - 8.4 degrees, last year was at 10.11. This is a 1.7 degrees fall year on year. The chart below shows this years average temperature by day compared to last year and Hawley.



Last year started off cold and ended up warm where this year is the reverse and next week is meant to be even colder! I forecast that by the end of the month this years mean temp will be around 7.0 degrees this will be a 2.7 degrees drop on last year and a 1.4 degree drop on where we are up until the 21st November 2010. In order for this to happen the next 9 days need to be really cold!!!!

Looking at the min and max temperature by day there is a clear different year on year. This year we have had a lot of days where the day time temperature is not significantly higher than the night time temperatures. The 17th November is a prime example of this


So what will the next week bring? the chart below is the mean temp on Saturday 27th Novembr 2010. Temperatures look cold, and these temperatures are at 2m abve sea level.



This one is the snow coverage:


So my forecast is it will be bloody cold but no show for the South East.

1 comment:

  1. Super stats again again t7, very interesting.
    Those charts are obviously forecast charts and subject to changed every few hours but one thing is certain the CET is going to take a hammering over the next week and a half!
    I'm surprised you nailed your colours to the mast re snowfall based on that ppn chart tho, I suspect you may regret it, (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete