Saturday 27 November 2010

Record Ice Day

What a record breaking day today has turned out to be. I've been capturing weather data since October 2005 and I have never had a day when the max temperature has been sub zero!!

Today the low was -2.6 at 04:15 and the high was -0.3 at 14:30.

I know Hawley had a -5.5 degrees overnight which is nearly a record breaker but not quite a record!!! the  record is -5.9 recorded on the 18th Novembr 2005.

so Whoosh Kennyboy, although -5.5 is a good reading for November

4 comments:

  1. Think you need to check your facts, two inaccuracies actually.
    1. YOU have not been capturing data since 2005 have you!
    2. And the record is not -5.9 is not the lowest, to tell you what was and when would be too easy!
    So WOOOSHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a typical chicken and egg situation. If I remember rightly I got a weather station first and you copied!! All be it I got a crappy one and then ended up copying you

    So November's data might be from your station as I don't recall the exact date I brought the VP2.

    Over the years I wouldn't like to say who's got who's data as we have both lost parts of data since 2005.

    If it is your data then 2005 is the coldest November and coldest mean temp day is 2010. No other ice days have been recorded....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is that an apology for mis-representation?
    Plus you haven't addressed point 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking about November temps on point 2

    ReplyDelete